* Mulholland Drive
*giving out mix cds
* “are you watching porn?” “I don’t think they play that on the Disney Channel…”
*my new netbook, it’s cute and pink and I can bring it to Borders and type like I am now and the battery life is UP TO EIGHT HOURS
*reading reviews on Lush’s website and plotting out what to buy next.
* looking at craft stores with my mom
* Black Cherry Chip Frozen Yogurt from Peaceful Meadows
* countdowns until spring (33 more days!)
*listening to The Format and Ingram Hill
* Brie with bread. Or fruit . or pie crust. Or by itself, really…
So I’m not one to watch music videos, ever. If I do, it’s usually playing on Youtube and I’m just there for the music. However, I love this song. It’s my favourite off this album and it just came out. So I’m sharing. Give A Little.
Who needs physical love when you have music?
1. Iron & Wine – Teeth In The Grass
2. Yo La Tengo – My Little Corner of The World
3. Grace Potter – Something That I Want
4. Jack’s Mannequin – Spinning
5. Ingrid Michaelson - Corner of Your Heart
6. Ellen Greene & Kristen Chenoweth – Birdhouse In Your Soul
7. PJ Harvey – One Line
8. Brandon Flowers – Magdelana
9. Lily Allen – The Fear
10. The Pierces – Boy In A Rock And Roll Band
11. Sara Bareilles – Let The Rain
12. Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi – I See The Light
13. Emiliana Torrini – Unemployed In Summertime
14. Ben Folds – Fired
15. Jason Mraz – Live High
16. Florence and the Machine – Cosmic Love
17. Josh Ritter – The Curse
I write and I write and I never get the chance to type because I am work or I am in Borders forcing myself to write then I get home and I don’t want to type out what I’ve said. Sure maybe it’s a little bit of laziness, also I don’t have the time right now. And so my words go unsaid.
So while we’re here, let me tell you a few reasons why Fridays are awesome:
1. It’s the beginning of the weekend. At least, it is when you work the usual 9’5, which I do not. However, every other weekend after the end of February Fridays WILL be the beginning of the weekend for me. Awesome.
2. TGIF. Remember TGIF? Right now I feel like popping in Boy Meets World and pretending I’m back during the days when shows like Full House and Family Matters were the most exciting times of the week.
3. Payday. This one is self explanatory.
4. Movies are (usually) released in theaters on Fridays. Sometimes they’re released on Wednesdays, but that’s usually during the summer.
5. It can feel like date night.
6. Or it’s a perfectly peaceful night to stay at home.
7. I like TGIFriday’s Jack Daniel’s Sesame Strips. (Though overall I’mn tired at eating at most chain restaurants).
8. Sometimes I get out early on Fridays. This means I have extra time for naps.
9. Every other Friday my bedroom floor is vacuumed and my bed is made by a little cleaning fairy who visits biweekly.
The Cure writes songs like, “Friday I’m In Love“
This is my 26th year I’ll be alone on Valentine’s Day. By alone, I mean single. Each year it comes and it goes and I buy cute heart shaped things and give Valentines to my friends. Sometimes I work. Sometimes I have platonic dinner dates. My mom gives me cute festive decorations and some years my dad gives me a card.
Valentine’s Day is one of these days that has basically turned into a “need not apply” day.
I am single. I am independent and I will celebrate me on this day because no one else will ever celebrate me the way I can. I think Valentine’s Day is a day that shouldn’t be ignored. Too many people disregard it. They get angry because they feel that Valentine’s Day is over-commercialized. It’s a Hallmark Holiday. I say, So what? Valentine’s Day is what you make of it.
And sure, no one should need a reason to share love with anyone. No one should only do something special for someone on one certain society promoted day. But this day is here to remind you to love someone. Sometimes we forget.
Here are some suggestions of ways to make Valentine’s Day special for you:
- Sleep in if you can – give yourself that time to get the extra sleep you deserve.
– Make Valentines for others – giving gifts is guaranteed to make yourself feel happier
– Take a bubble bath – buy a bath bomb from Lush and soak until your skin turns into a raisin.
– Buy yourself flowers/ chocolates. I have them delivered to you while you’re at work.
– Take yourself on a date – dinner and a movie? Your treat? Why not, you deserve it.
– Exercise – run, do yoga, dance, walk with people you love. If you love your body, you’ll move it.
– Hit the sheets early and show yourself some love. (Details on that are for a whole other kind of blog, baby).
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
I’m completely aware that it’s Saturday, and not Thursday, but I had this post lined up for Thursday and I never had the chance to type it. I want to get back into writing Things I Love Thursday posts because it’s a way to focus on the good things in life, even if it’s for only one day a week. When I bought my daily planner earlier this year I started making things I love lists in every single day, filling up the pages that weren’t already scribbled on with my love list. Some circumstances made it so that I could not do that (while I was at work) anymore, and I lost the habit but I hope to get back into it today.
For anyone who is new to the concept of “Things I Love Thursday”, it was started by Gala Darling years ago as a way to express your love list. Gala still makes them, and other bloggers do the same.
♥ eating fruit for breakfast — I struggle with breakfast daily. Sometimes whatever I eat makes me feel like crap, but even on those days, if I eat fruit I’m still feeling alright :)
♥ Blueberry scented nail polish — This is a great pick me up to remind you to slow down. It makes me smile. I might have to invest in more scented nail polish (the scent lasts about a day or two).
♥ portabello mushroom sandwiches are amazing.
♥ Red Velvet Cupcake Wine
♥ Pushing Daisies marathons with Krista
♥ Finding ways to inspire myself
What do you love today?
This ginger lemon tea that Stash makes is my new favourite flavour of tea.