Each Tuesday Gala Darling posts five questions to her readers to answer, this is my attempt to participate
1. What is your style direction for the upcoming season? Style? Ummm. I don’t really think about my style until I’m standing inside a clothing store wishing I had the funds to do so. I would really like to think more about this, but at the time it’s not a priority.
2. What is your favourite song right now? Hanson – Give A Little. It’s sensuous, upbeat and has a dirty double meaning
3. What’s your best love advice? I’m the last person to give love advice, but if we lived in a perfect world I would say: believe in love and be willing to let your heart get broken.
4. Who is the most exciting person you’ve met recently? My cousin’s kid Natalie is full of life and adventure. She’s three years old and recently had me running all over my house playing with bubbles, chalk and silly bandz. My room is a mess and I told her that before letting her in and go figure about an hour later she goes up to my mom and says, “Want to see the messy room?”
5. Are you doing anything wonderful this week? What is it? I am partying with Olga on Saturday (between work shifts, that is). Hopefully I am seeing my best friend from childhood, Jen. And I’m also hoping to make it to yoga tomorrow night. All wonderful.
I promise to get on with real writing soon. I’ve been working on the writing, slowly, I just need to bring it all today. In the mean time, it’s Tuesday which means that Gala Darling posts her Curious Tuesday questions and I am here to answer them!
1. Where do you find inspiration? In novels and song lyrics, squishy pillows and children rolling down hills. Inspiration is tucked inside tea cups and hiding behind trees. It’s found in the glitter in the air, the salt in the Atlantic and the dots on Lady Bugs wings.
2. Have you got any hobbies or interests you’ve let lapse and wish you would take up again? I have so many fleeting interests, I’ve had the tendency to overwhelm myself with them. The ones that stand out are photography and scrap booking. I used to alter clothing and make jewelry. And I need to reclaim my interest in writing.
3. One tea party. Ten invitations. Who do you invite? Francesa Lia Block, the girl that plays Luna Lovegood, Kate Nash, Zooey Deschanel, Elvis, Neil Gaiman, Heath Ledger, my dog Chance, Ari’s kid Trent in six years (age eight), Lee Pace.
4. Who was your favourite teacher at school and why? Mrs. Marzelli was my eleventh grade English teacher. She taught an AP writing/ literature class and often we would do yoga at the beginning of class. I learned a lot about writing that year, things that won’t leave me, and without that I don’t think I’d be where I am right now. Also, after the AP test we had childhood regression day, which was probably one of the most fun days in high school — old toys and games and food. Mrs. Marzelli suffered from breast cancer for most of my junior year, but, as far as I know, she is in recovery.
5. Have you ever been in a long distance relationship? When I was fourteen I had a long distance boyfriend for two weeks. Other than that, I’ve had many long distance friendships which, in ways, can be just as difficult and rewarding.
<3 Melanie. Kristy